This website is developed and managed by Mark Sproul on a voluntary basis for Balerno Village Screen. Mark runs a business called Sproul Digital – a web and digital consultancy company based in Balerno.
The BVS site integrates different applications to deliver an integrated marketing, communication and online booking service – and most importantly a website that is easy to use for our customers.
The platform uses:
- WordPress as the core content management system with various plugins added to deliver application integration and site functionality.
- EventBrite for managing cinema ticketing which is integrated into the website and uses QR codes. The site has been used as a case study by Eventbrite and included on their blog.
- MailChimp to manage email subscriptions which also integrates with WordPress and Eventbrite generating a master list of all cinema participants that can be kept up to date.
- Vidahost – free cloud hosting for charities
- Social media: Facebook and Twitter
If you are considering developing a new site or have a website and would like to understand how you can improve it please contact Mark via the form below or visit the Sproul-Digital website for more information about services available.