From time to time we will be picked up in the news. Below are links to news stories we have been mentioned in:
Behind the Scenes with Balerno Village Screen – an interview with Eventbrite on how we use the website and online booking.
Pupils and teachers of Dean Park Primary P5 take part in a competition to design a logo for our children’s films: Balerno schoolchildren get creative for community cinema
We screened WALL-E as part of Balerno’s earthhour activities – link to STV news website: Balerno gets set to turn the lights out with Disney classic
For St Andrew’s night we screened The Angels’ Share and Kinetic East and were joined by two special guests: The Angels’ Share writer Paul Laverty and Kinetic East filmaker Walid Salhab – link to STV news website: Special guests for Balerno Cinema on St Andrews Day
The Autumn season got off to a great start with the brilliant sell out of Les Miserables plus we were flashmobbed by the brilliant Balerno Theatre Company (link is to the Edinburgh Reporter website – five things you need to know today).
If you cast your mind back to Skyfall weekend – our friends (and funders) Scotmid Co-Operative sent along a film crew to do a bit of filming and this is what they produced to promote their AGM.
- On Wednesday 20th March – Evening News: Mike Blair gives giant screen to village cinema
- On Thursday 7th March Balerno Village Screen had its very own Motion at the Scottish Parliament. Many thanks to local MSP Gordon MacDonald for taking it forward. You can also read the full story ‘That the Parliament congratulates Balerno Village Screen, the latest addition to Scotland’s cinema scene……. ‘
- Great 4 minute feature on BBC Radio Scotland’s Movie Cafe – listen to find out what happened when Pete Ross came along to The Artist? Listen online from 28.15 (it’s a whole 4 minutes worth!).
- A fantastic mention from Janice Forsyth on BBC Radio Scotland’s Movie Cafe – Janice describes Balerno Village Screen as ‘the latest addition to Scotland’s cinema scene‘ – this links to BBC iplayer:start at 16:56 for BVS mention. If you are on Ipad use this link instead (starts 16:06).
- The Scotsman ‘It’s the Reel Thing‘
- Janice Forsyth in the Herald ‘Just Janice: who needs real shops in an online world?’