Balerno Village Screen is a community cinema, in South West Edinburgh, offering free cinema admission. We are funded by donations.
To help us manage the numbers attending we ask you to book in advance. You can book via the buttons below or asking for a ticket at the Mill Cafe in the St Joseph’s Centre. There is no charge for tickets – we are a community cinema, free to attend, funded by donations.
Friday 13th May
Saturday 14th May
- Despicable Me – CERT U, 2.30pm to 4.05 pm, St Joseph’s Hall, Balerno
- Everest – CERT 12A, 7.30pm to 9.30 pm, St Joseph’s Hall, Balerno
Friday 17th June
- Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist – CERT 15, 7.30pm to 9.10 pm, St Joseph’s Hall, Balerno (this film is being screened in partnership with the Edinburgh Festival of Cycling running from 9 – 19th June)
Saturday 18 th June
- Peanuts 2.30pm St Joseph’s Hall, Balerno
- Lady in a Van 7.30pm St Joseph’s Hall, Balerno
To find a list of films already screened, please visit our past screenings page. If you have a film suggestion for the Screen please submit your recommendation to use via Twitter, on the BVS Facebook page, or via our contact form.
Tickets are usually made available to reserve two weeks before the screening date and are allocated on a first come first served basis.
If you are unable to get a ticket you are welcome to come to the screening and we will try and find you a seat if there are any late cancellations . Although we will do our best to find you a seat we cannot guarantee this will be the case.